tirsdag 10. november 2015

Fallout 3 AER9 Laser Rifle

I really, really wanted a retro futiristic rifle in my living room and lucky for me Volpin props is sellig blueprints for a Fallout 3 AER9 Laser Rifle. And in my state of sudden nostalgia for the game I really wanted to build one too. And I buildt mine without power tools and mostly out of worbla. But you can also read Volpin Props tutorials on here. 

As I had no deadline for this I worked on it randomly, spending almost half a year completeing it. Here is the tutorial for the Pip Boy 3000

I got the blue prints printed to scale. For the lower rod I used a wooden flag pole with different plastic tubes and foam to create the different circumferences. 

With foam, foamboard, cardboard and worbla I started the build. This will be the tip of the barel. 








Started again with cardboard sandwitched around foam to build up the main shape of the stock. 


Cover with worbla to make it more sturdy.

Adding details with worbla


I used different bottle caps as molds for some of the round parts. 

Back to the barrel. The innter structure is cardboard and everything is again covered with worbla. It is wasy to attach parts together when everything is worbla as this material sticks very well to itself.  

I used foam mats and clay to build up the back part of the barrel. 


More small details were added. I used a sharp knife to get clean edges. Small screw were also added to give a more machine produced feel. 




The forstock was again built out of foam and covered in worbla. To get the details right I figured it would be easier to build it seperate and then attach it when done. 


All parts together, this ended up being quite a large prop. 










Even though a worbla covered Laser rifle looks cool (or unique... or boring) I need a little paint. First the entire prop was primed with wood glue. Then I painted the entire gun in a silver base paint. 

The barrel was painted green and tubes yellow. 

All the base colors are now in place and we are ready for details and all the dirt and grime. 







Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar