søndag 30. august 2015

Isabela from Dragon Age 2 (Closet cosplay)

Even though closet cosplay doesn't require a tutorial as other "built from scratch" cosplays do, I still think t can be useful to show what goes into a closet cosplay. If you unfamiliar with the term, it basically means that you create a cosplay using clothes and accessories you already have in your closet. Since I have been making costumes for a few years now I then have a lot of suitable stuff.


Photo by Danarki

These are the components of my Isabela cosplay. I chose her because the theme of Torucon this year was Pirates and Bandits, she would be perfect. So perfect actually that there were two other Isabelas at the same con. 



What did I use?
There's a little bit of Demon Hunter (corset, pants and shoes), Lilith (leather armband) and Vault dweller (gloves) in this mix. The wig is the one I have previously used for my Dragon Warrior, just had to cut it a bit. The jewelry is what I normally wear, and the bandana is from a second hand store. Most of the effort was from sewing more white fabric square to the bottom of a white shirt.

I even had brown contact at hand from my massive shopping spree in Japan. All set to rock a mighty pale Isabela :)



Photo by Katrix 

Photo by Danarki 

Photo by Danarki


Photo by Rojano Photo




 All the Isabelas, Necklace on the left was made by Rachel Moore, Isabela on the left by Eirin Prestvold, me and Isabela on the right by Usapin and Hawke by Cecilie Rekevik. Photo by Katrix 




2 kommentarer:

  1. Woah, amazing! :O You look gorgeous! I seriously love all the photos so much, omg! *_*
    It's inspiring how great even a closet cosplay can be! Mind-blowing!

    GIVEAWAY! WIN FREE CIRCLE LENSES! LAST DAY! ♡

    ☆ Shiro Samurai's Cosplay Blog ☆
    ☆ Facebook Cosplay Page ☆
    ☆ Ink & Sword Lifestyle Blog ☆

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you. And I'm very happy with this cosplay myself :D Can't wait to be Isabela again ;)

      Slett